I’m going to say something that you may have thought about me before.
I’m not the best blogger on the planet.
WHAAAAT? Yep. It’s true. I’m a little bit of a slacker. With the responsibilities of a toddler and having a hubby who travels more than half the month, I’m a little preoccupied with my parental duties. Then, when I’m actually not alone with the baby or I’m out on my own, I tend to enjoy the moment so much that I forget I have a responsibility to document certain facets of my life.
I’ve thought about this for quite some time. There are many areas where I can put forth a little extra focus towards presenting myself better and more frequently to you. So I selected a few area where I can dedicate focus towards bettering my blogging habits. Here they are, in no particular order.
- Post More Images/Pictures
- This is pretty self explanatory. I want to take more pictures and post them regularly along with utilizing graphics for the blog. That goes for Instagram too! It’s all about the visual stimulation!
- Get On A Schedule
- So, I haven’t been the most regimented blogger over the past year. It was my first year. But now that I have some experience, I want to be consistent and present posts a lot more frequently. I will warn you. If I don’t have the content, I’m not going to bore you with garbage. I’ll attempt to keep it interesting, but I cannot promise you anything at this point. This will be my first attempt at keeping a schedule of regular posts. Most likely I will spread my posts into Sunday or Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I’ll keep up the weekly workouts/ week recap format that I’ve been using the past few months, and focus on a different topic on Wednesdays, then delve into a rotation of either #FoodFriday or #FridayFavorites. Essentially, you can look forward to reading at least three new posts every week.
- Get Personal
- I discussed this a little in this post. Basically, I want to open up a little more than I have in the past. I tend to keep everyone at a distance, and I want to break that habit. I think that’s what most readers ask of their bloggers, so that’s what I’d like to do.
- Post Fitness Activities To Daily Mile
- I notice a lot of other bloggers utilizing dailymile to log their fitness activities. It’s a great forum to connect with other runners, cyclists, and athletes of all categories. I began an account a long time ago, but I never keep up with it. Between my Garmin and Nike app, I have a good journal of my mileage, but I really prefer the online community that Dailymile provides. You can checkout my profile here. I want to post to Dailymile, then transfer that into my Weekly Workout Recaps.
- Dedicate More Posts to Food
- Everyone eats. And even though I like to eat predominantly healthy food items, I do like to indulge every once in a while. I’m not particularly creative with my own personal cooking, but I own many cook books and have many years of experience in restaurants. I also research and Pin a lot of recipes often. Whenever I discover a new recipe, I feel it is my duty (as a foodie and blogger) to share them with you. Whether it’s a fabulous new vegetable juice recipe or a white lasagna, I’m not going to keep the recipes a secret. If I think it’s worth sharing, then share I will.
- Participate in More Linkups
- That’s pretty self explanatory, right? If you know of a linkup that relates to my audience – or maybe doesn’t – that you think I’d like, please share it. I love to get involved with more bloggers and want to start cross promoting my people. We gotta share the love, right?
- Utilize Google+ Instead of Facebook To Promote The Blog
- I’m not very Google+ literate at this point of the game. I have an account, but I’m completely lost with regard to cross-promoting my blog. I tend to use Facebook more frequently because I’m extremely familiar with that platform. However, I really despise the fact that Zuckerberg added algorithms that prevent my fans from seeing my posts. Unless you interact with me personally on Facebook, you will most likely not see my links, pictures, or discussions that I post on my fan page….. which sucks. So I’m going to begin doing more on Google+ and pull back from Facebook. You can find me here.
- Attend A Blogger Conference
- This is cut and dry. I want to attend at least one blogger conference this year. It will help my all around blogging techniques and habits. Nuff Said!!!
What kind of changes, if any, are you making to your blog?