Salutations and welcome to Friday. This weekend I have lots to be excited about, so I’m happy to make it to Friday. For starters, my bff is flying in from California and I get to pick her up today and squeeze her neck and enjoy her company over the next few days. She and I, along with her sister-in-law, are running BEST DAMN RACE ORLANDO together this weekend. Even though she and I have ran two Ragnar relays together, this will be our first non-relay race together. I’m really looking forward to it. She’s the individual who is responsible for me running my first half marathon, so this is a pretty special occasion for us. After the race, we are all meeting up with her niece and nephews and heading back to my house where we’ll spend the weekend together with our families and friends. We are praying that the weather permits us to do one of the theme parks while they’re here, so please say a prayer for clear skies on Sunday.
Anyhow…..this week I’m teaming up with Mar from Mar on the Run, Cynthia from You Signed Up For What, and Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC to present you with another fabulous edition of the #FRIDAYFIVE This week is a total freebie, so I’m going to go with a simple Friday Favorites theme. These are just a handful of items that I’m particularly fond of these days.
1. My Erin Condren Life Planner – Okay, so it has become more of an addiction, but at least I’m staying organized. Truthfully, it’s just another mindless hobby for me to have that helps me unwind. I spend about 30 minutes every week decoration and planning out the next week’s appointments, blog posts, meal prep, workouts and to-do lists. What I like most about it is the fact that I can record all of baby H’s milestones in his first year. I’ll be able to go back and read about his progress through my planner like a journal – which I think is kinda the point.
2. Rocksbox – I was approached about trying out this new subscription jewelry service and I really like it so far. If you’re not familiar, they send you hand picked jewelry selections to fit your style. You can chose to wear on loan for however long you’d like, then return to get 3 new pieces. Each month’s installment is estimated at a $200 value.
I got to test out these gorgeous and this tear drop necklace – which I think I want to keep.
If you’d like to test out the service for yourself for a month for free, use RUNNINGWITHDIAPERSXOXO when you checkout.
3. PB & J Quest Bars – ummm… These are totally amazing. I’m completely addicted. Can’t seem to get enough. Try them. You’ll thank me later.
4. This Hammock – Once my hubby and daughter came back from their recent trip to Panama, hubby said that he needed to install our hammock on to the back patio. Evidently, my daughter really liked the hammocks while she was there, so this became a priority upon their return home. Well, hubby did what he said and now it’s installed and in full use almost daily. The best thing is that Baby H loves it; the whole family does actually. We like it so much that I think my hubby is going to have to hang another one now.
5. The Florida Strawberry Festival – Aside from the fact that strawberries are in season and plump, juicy and so delicious right now, they’re also at the center of the always enjoyable Florida Strawberry Festival. Every year this country style festival boasts some of the most delicious fair foods and beverages, along with hundreds of exhibits, rides, free entertainment, and the world famous strawberry shortcake. They’re celebrating their 80th year and featuring recording artists like John Legend, Boyz to Men, Alabama, and REBA.
I haven’t been yet this year, but I am planning to take my little ones next week for the fun. It’ll be the perfect way to welcome in the first week of Spring.
What are you loving right now?
Do you have any favorites from these past weeks?
Ever hung out in a hammock?